What do I do if my students are contacting me saying they can’t log in or reset their password?
If any student contacts you and says they can’t log in or reset their password, then follow these steps:
Test the login and password reset functionality yourself.
If it is working for you, then they have likely forgotten their password or are trying to reset their password with a different email address than the email address they used when they registered on the site.
They may also have missed the password reset email if it skipped their inbox and ended up in their spam folder.
“User error” is common and it’s best to work through the above possibilities with the user first.
If that does not work you may need to reset their password on the admin side of the website, here are the steps:
- login at https://portal.adulted.info/wp-admin
- navigate to Users in the menu (https://portal.adulted.info/wp-admin/users.php)
- search for the student using the search bar in the upper right corner
- Scroll down to the generate password button and click it
- create a new password for the user that is at least a medium difficulty password
- scroll to the bottom and click “Update User”
- communicate the new password to the student
- If they are still having issues logging in – log out and go to portal.adulted.info and try logging in with their email and password
- If you are successful it is user error.
- If you are unsuccessful rest the password again.